Friday, May 27, 2011

Concord Crush Birthday


I love well-put-together shabby cards that boast a variety of patterns and unassuming colours.  I'm lovin' the ruffles - next time I make this card, I think I'll put even more!  I distressed the flower and the punched ruffles by smudging ink around the edges with my ink pad, carefully crumbling them up in my fingers, then slowly unwrapping and smoothing them out.  For some reason it makes the paper really flexible.  I stuck them together with adhesive, cut them to size on either side, then took them over to my sewing machine to add some stitching.


Materials (all are Stampin Up! unless otherwise noted):

Curly Cute Stamp Set*
Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch
Scallop Punch
Random scraps of patterned paper
Concord Crush Smooth Cardstock
Soft Suede Smooth Cardstock
White Cardstock
Button is from Button Latte Pack
Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon
Scotch Dimensional Tape
Skinny hemp twine (purchased by the spool at Walmart)
Zip Dry paper glue

*I didn't have room on the card to use the "Happy Birthday" stamp normally, so I inked one side ... stamped, then inked the other side and stamped below.  The clear sets are great for that kind of creative freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment