Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One Little Word ...

Sunday night I was reminded of a truth I've known since childhood ... life is exactly what you make it.  My response to the blessings and challenges God sends my way is everything.

How many times have I seen the phrase "bloom where you're planted"?  A MILLION.  But for the first time, it actually started to mean something to me.

Almost four years ago, we picked up our lives and moved to Canada for a job I still love.  But it meant a lot of change.  Hard change.  Missing family.  Missing friends.  Missing everything familiar.  But I knew it's what God wanted for us ...

I've adjusted relatively well, but I still have my moments (Sunday) where I lose a little joy.  But a gentle reminder from Matt, my wonderful husband, that my effort can make the difference, mixed with a little inspiration from the amazing Ali Edwards and her One Little Word project, have landed me right here.

Making an effort to achieve my goals, be a loving wife and mom, succeed in my work, stay fit, and invest in friendships, while staying true to my crafty self, is quite a tall order!  I've really been mindful of it the past several days.  But in 2011 I will make the effort.  I'm not putting things off anymore ... I'm starting now.  So far this week I've joined Stampin' Up, started a blog, and made plans with some friends I'd like to get to know better ... it's a start!  So, if you haven't guessed it by now, my one little word for 2011 is effort...

No comments:

Post a Comment