Sunday, February 20, 2011

In-Colour Birthday

 
I just spent the last week in Kansas City visiting my family.  I packed two large bags of stamping supplies hoping my Mom, Em (my sister-in-law) and I would make some time to be crafty.  I was super excited because I just received my Stampin' Up! starter kit the day before we left.  My kit included the 2010-2011 In-Colour inks, so of course we had to try them out.  Just look at all the fun we had!! :)


I also ordered the Create a Cupcake set with matching punch, so we made some minis for present-toppers to match.  


*Design Note:  To get the brushed antique look around the edges, gently swipe along the ink pad all the way around. Sponging makes the antiquing look more subtle, but this look is a little more distressed and bold.

Stampin' Up! Materials (unless otherwise noted):
  • In-Colour Decorative Paper pack
  • In-Colour Cardstock pack
  • Early Expresso Cardstock
  • In-Colour inks (Pear Pizazz, Poppy Parade, Concord Crush, Peach Parfait and Blushing Bride)
  • Early Expresso ink
  • Early Expresso ribbon
  • Baby Blossoms set
  • Create a Cupcake set
  • Vintage Labels set
  • Itty Bitty Bits set
  • Itty Bitty Shapes punches
  • Build a Cupcake punch
  • Extra-Large Oval punch
  • Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch
  • Dimensional Dots
  • Decorative Pearls and Rhinestones (purchased in the dollar section at Michaels)
Easy to cut.  Easy to assemble.  Easy to share materials.  Stamping fun for all!  I'm so thankful that my Mom and Em share my love of crafting.  It's so much fun brainstorming and trying new techniques together, but the best part is - in the end we don't just have a stack of cards to show for, we have quality time with each other that I will always cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment