Friday, June 1, 2012

Life is Good


The past couple weeks have been yet another adjustment for our family.  While it's something I've looked forward to for so long, especially with all the change this year has brought, it's been a great challenge to slow down.

I'm still learning and adjusting (it's funny how many things I was missing), but I know that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be in this moment, and I love it!  All the stress of job transitions, downsizing, moving, renovating and the unknown is starting to fade ... and as it clears, I'm beginning to see why God allowed it all to happen.

I still have my moments of guilt - "I should be out bringing in a top salary to help support my family ... " - the voice of society rings over and over in my mind.  It's sad how our culture today makes women that choose to stay home feel like less.  We're thrifty, savvy, creative divas who are committed to our home.  I'm ashamed to say that I do feel smaller without a title ... but I'll get over it.  I know in my heart that the title given to me at this moment is so much greater - it's simply: wife, mom, housekeeper, dog walker, cook, friend ... and, in my spare time ;) freelance designer.  So, for now, in those moments I am purposing to keep calm and carry on ... life is not perfect, or fancy, but it's good!  Thank you, Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment