Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Take It ... and Grow


Change is in the air for our little family ...  BIG CHANGE.

It’s my time to embrace the gift of freelancing from home.  Exciting, scary, hard, overwhelming … I know many others are in the same boat: job loss – one of my biggest fears.

With this opportunity comes selling, moving, down-sizing, purging, simplifying and a whole myriad of change.  At times I don’t know what to think or feel … am I dreaming?

All this could be quite discouraging, but I purpose to choose a different path.  It’s taking me more than effort to rise above my superficial bend and welcome this kind of new beginning.

To my surprise, my faith hasn’t weakened (though I have had my moments), but strengthened … I’m realizing I can’t control life.  There is no plan or preparation great enough.  God is teaching me to let go and trust (Isaiah 55:8-9 - "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts").

He's also teaching me that maybe, just maybe, this entire series of events is not about me at all.  Maybe He's answering someone else's prayer through my trial?  Maybe He's answering a prayer that I've had deep in my heart for a while, but never would have embraced on my own?

My confidence in Him is strong … and through that, somehow, so is the confidence I have in myself.  This adventure brings a new freedom and a hope of endless possibilities.  It can be better than it’s ever been.  (Jeremiah 29:11 - "... I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. ")

“If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living.” – Sheehy

It’s time, Wendy, to take it and grow …

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you, girl! Always have been. What exactly are you going to be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be working my freelance graphic design business that I started last year around this time, staying home with my sweet Morgan and volunteering at her Christian school. Really, does it get any better? :) Just lots of material changes ... but we'll get used to it. God knows ... He's known all along. The biggest hurdle - we MUST sell our house ... PRAY!!!

    ReplyDelete